The black truffle - Périgord truffle (Tuber melanosporum) is carefully harvested by the truffle hunters with their dogs and sent to you freshly packaged. The black truffle is very popular with gourmets due to its bewitching, intense scent. The taste of this noble bulb is described as very intense and persists even after cooking. The smell is described as earthy and woody, intense and with a slightly sweet musk note. Harvest time: November to mid-March. When heated to 40 - 60 ° C, the Tuber melanosporum unfolds its full taste and the desired aroma. This black truffle is used to season your dishes and is often used in sauces. Storage: keep well chilled at 2-4 ° C in a closed container for up to two weeks. Express refrigerated shipping € 20 with ice pack cooling for freshness and shelf life. Free shipping for orders over € 100.
- The truffle should only be taken a few minutes before use cold water with a small brush getting cleaned .
- Since the truffle is very delicate, you don't want to lose valuable pieces of it. Therefore, clean the truffle carefully.
- White truffle 10-15g per person, black truffle 20-25g per person
- White truffles only season the food raw, black truffles can be heated up to 50 ° C and thus develop their full aroma and taste
- To get the most out of the black truffle, it is best served as simply as possible - not cooked, but grated or finely sliced over a warm dish that enhances its flavor.
- Ideal with pasta, rice, eggs, raw meat dishes and fish dishes.
- To appreciate the taste of the truffle at its best, it should so fast as possible (in a few days) to be consumed .
- Wrap you each truffle in a paper (kitchen roll) without removing the soil dirt.
- Change the paper every day.
- storage in the refrigerator (+ 2 ° C / + 4 ° C) in a container that is not completely airtight to allow the truffles to "breathe". The aroma released during ripening is usually absorbed by milk, butter, cheese and eggs that are stored near the truffles.
Every day, when a truffle is harvested, it loses some weight. Since the truffle is a natural product, this is a completely normal process in the natural development of truffles.