The fresh white truffle (Tuber magnatum) is available again every year from September at the start of the truffle season. You are buying top quality white Istrian truffle, collected in the forests in the Mirna Valley. The Istrian white truffle is one of the most famous in the world and is highly valued by gourmets and culinary connoisseurs. With its excellent aroma and pleasant garlic-like taste, it takes your dish freshly grated to a new level. Storage: keep well chilled at 2-4 ° C in a closed container for up to one week. Express refrigerated shipping € 20 with ice pack cooling for freshness and shelf life. Free shipping for orders over € 100.
Net weight 50g (100g, 150g, 200g ... you can select in the shopping cart by changing the number of items)
- The truffle should only be taken a few minutes before use cold water with a small brush getting cleaned .
- Since the truffle is very delicate, you don't want to lose valuable pieces of it. Therefore, clean the truffle carefully.
- White truffle 10-15g per person, black truffle 20-25g per person
- White truffles only season the food raw, black truffles can be heated up to 50 ° C and thus develop their full aroma and taste
- To get the most out of the black truffle, it is best served as simply as possible - not cooked, but grated or finely sliced over a warm dish that enhances its flavor.
- Ideal with pasta, rice, eggs, raw meat dishes and fish dishes.
- To appreciate the taste of the truffle at its best, it should so fast as possible (in a few days) to be consumed .
- Wrap you each truffle in a paper (kitchen roll) without removing the soil dirt.
- Change the paper every day.
- storage in the refrigerator (+ 2 ° C / + 4 ° C) in a container that is not completely airtight to allow the truffles to "breathe". The aroma released during ripening is usually absorbed by milk, butter, cheese and eggs that are stored near the truffles.
Every day, when a truffle is harvested, it loses some weight. Since the truffle is a natural product, this is a completely normal process in the natural development of truffles.